Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Western auction score!

I decided to go to a local bimonthly horse and tack auction.  They sell new and used items, hay, trailers, junk, and horses.  Everything was of varying quality, although I think the 8 million used halters really could have been gone through A BIT FASTER!

I scored a full set of DMS brand (imported from Germany) jumping boots, known mostly as "Hampas"  Popular in the 80s they apparently wear like iron as these are in great shape.  6 bucks!  I have no idea if they'll fit anything I ride or even if I'll use them, but they're mine mine mine!


Have you gotten a great deal on something in an unexpected place?

2 comments:

  1. That's an awesome score! I picked up a pair of hind Ulsters (basically the same as your boots) off of ebay for ten cents a couple years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, blast from the past. I remember using those boots aaaaaaaaalllllllllll the time in the 90's. I liked them.

    ReplyDelete

March has jokes

 My enthusiasm to ride has vanished again. Instead of riding I've been working on teaching the baby horses to tie.  Great drama ensued. ...