Monday, November 10, 2014

Stories from the Saddle Blog Hop

Here I go again, trying to do another Blog Hop!

First, I wanna know: what is the ONE piece of tack (or clothing) that you simply cannot live without? Put function aside for a moment and try to decide which piece of your tack ho collection is your favorite. It can be anything for you, or for your horse. Second, I'd like to know what you're currently saving up for or lusting after. Basically, what item do you have your eyes set on right now? If someone handed you enough money, what would be the first thing to buy on your list? 


Hmmm, I have to think about that.  Right now I'm going to say my Thinline half pad.  I got it for a great price on Ebay as a "second" from Thinline which apparently means perfect except maybe an uneven edge?  I noticed an immediate difference in Annie's way of going when I added under my already well fitting saddle and an immediate and grumpy difference when I left it off one day (she literally would not move).  I'm not a trend person, or a gimmick person but I really believe that it makes a difference in my horse's way of going.  It's a must have for me.  

What I'm lusting after right now is a Synergist endurance saddle.  I'd love a comfortable and lightweight trail saddle and these are NICE saddles, custom made to your exact measurements and custom fit to your horse.  Enough leather to keep you comfortable and in the saddle but not enough leather to add weight.  Lovely saddles.  It's a lust because it's way out of my price range and I don't really trail ride enough to warrant owning one, but one can dream. 


2 comments:

  1. I think so too! It's designed for people who spend long hours in the saddle and need a saddle that doesn't add unneeded weight to their horse's back (have you ever tried heaving up a western saddle anyway? Ufffff).

    ReplyDelete

March has jokes

 My enthusiasm to ride has vanished again. Instead of riding I've been working on teaching the baby horses to tie.  Great drama ensued. ...