Sunday, January 11, 2015

A bouquet of horses

While I'm waiting for people to contact me for various reasons I decided to go ahead and post the horses I'm looking at.  I'd appreciate any advice regarding anything!


Horse A.  Registered 1/2 arab 1/2 APHA.  7 years old, shown here as a 2yo

 Bonus of being owned by breeder for the horse's entire life so I know the entire history of the horse.  Under saddle and has some show experience (in hand). Waiting on a conformation picture and video as horse is 4 hours away.



Horse B.  5yo 1/2 arabian 1/2 QH mare.  Not registered and current owner has only had horse for 2 months so I do not know horse's complete history.  Came from a riding school in Illinois and was picked up at Shipshewana auction.  Currently being trail ridden.  Asked for video, not sure I can get it.  Horse is 1 1/2 hours away.



Horse C.  Registered 7yo 1/2 arabian 1/2 paint mare.  Owner has not filled for transfer of ownership but has paperwork to do so and breeder is willing to accommodate me.  Owned by the person who purchased her from the breeder, breeder is responsible and easy to reach so I know the horse's entire history.  Trail rides.  No conformation pictures of video but horse is 45 minutes away.  




Horse D.  %100 4yo arabian mare, not registered but I have the ability to do so.  Owned by breeder her entire life so I have her entire history.  Not started under saddle but has been handled daily.   No conformation pictures or video but only 45 minutes away.



Well, tell me what you think!

3 comments:

  1. I like Horse C the best from these photos. :) Best of luck in your horse shopping, it has got to be frustrating at times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like horse A and C. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like D best conformationally, but not so much for not being started under saddle. :/ A has some promise, but it's hard to tell from old photos, and C is also nice. I can't tell if C is really that downhill, or if she's standing on a hill?

    ReplyDelete

March has jokes

 My enthusiasm to ride has vanished again. Instead of riding I've been working on teaching the baby horses to tie.  Great drama ensued. ...