Thursday, July 26, 2012

Spastic week, good results

This week hasn't really been that crazy (compared to last week) or stressful (compared to next week at work) but I seem to be a bit spastic anyway.  Who knows what I'll do next week. 

On Tuesday (Too Damn Hot To Ride on Monday) I left my boots and half chaps at home, I was determined to ride so I got on in sneakers and breeches and did most of my work sans stirrups (ouchy pinchy ouchy).

Wednesday was another TDHTR day so I lounged at home and thought about riding.

Before leaving for the barn today I made sure I had my boots and half chaps in my trusty bag, but I didn't bother adding breeches (I blame the bag, bad bag) so I rode in shorts, paddock boots, and half chaps.  Let me tell you that is both a fashionable and a stylish way to ride.  So I spent the entire time in my dressage saddle (cursed thing) without stirrups.

I think the no stirrups work in my jumping saddle has started to pay off as I didn't feel as discombobulated without them in my dressage saddle.  I felt Sooooo confident in fact that I had a little canter without them.  It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, although the downward transition without them on a green pony/horse was a bit jouncy.  I'd like to continue that work to help make me a stronger and braver rider in the future.

Eventually, at some point, I'll have money in the bank AND time for a lesson again.  I'm looking forward to having Rachel come out (more on her later) and travelling up to my favorite eventing barn Come Again Farms (more on that later).

No comments:

Post a Comment

March has jokes

 My enthusiasm to ride has vanished again. Instead of riding I've been working on teaching the baby horses to tie.  Great drama ensued. ...