Saturday, January 14, 2017

Safety features

Safety first, safety last, safety always!  

Also known as Proper Preparedness Prevents Piss Poor Procedure.

Have you ever left your trailer hitched up to your truck and then when you went to go somewhere the truck was dead?  Maybe because you left your trailer lights on?  Who hasn't!  

This little gadget is great for those emergencies.  It's a tiny pocket sized jump starter by Red Fuel.  It's small enough to fit in your glove box and powerful enough to jump a 3/4 ton truck.  It also has a flashlight and can charge your cell phones and tablets.  Although I usually unhook my brakes and lights as soon as I get to my campsite knowing me I'm bound to forget and I don't want to be two hours from home hoping someone has a set of jumper cables.  








I bought this reflective Hi Viz riding sheet made by Horze via Riding Warehouse during their %25 plus free shipping sale.  YEAH SALES!!!!  I got it mostly for trail riding, although I don't trail ride anywhere that allows hunting I have heard of poachers in those areas, and I assume that anyone poaching isn't making sure they are shooting a deer instead of my horse.

Since I also ride where there are a lot of mountain bikers I hope this makes me more visible for someone going a high rate of speed.

This quarter sheet is bright yellow, reflective, and mesh which is great for riding in the summer.  Although I bought it shortly before it was discontinued there are many other safe options out there.


What kinds of safety gear do you wear while riding?

1 comment:

  1. You always find the best gadgets. That jump start thing is cool!

    ReplyDelete

March has jokes

 My enthusiasm to ride has vanished again. Instead of riding I've been working on teaching the baby horses to tie.  Great drama ensued. ...