Thursday, May 1, 2014

Rolex purchase

I always have a great time at Rolex, it's like Mecca for eventers.  Without a bunch of things on my shopping list I was struggling to burn through the money in my wallet, until that faithful moment.

I've been kicking around the idea of a new dressage coat.  I have one, but you can't have just one coat.  I wanted a navy one with sparkly buttons from Horze

I also looked at this coat from smartpakequine.com


both fantastic stretchy softshell coats that fit my wonderfully.

If any of you have been following my blog for awhile now (gosh I hope so) you'll remember this post from Xmas when I talked about a few of my "wants."

What's on your Christmas List?

I posted a stunning dressage coat from England with purple highlights.  Drool.

Imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon that exact same coat at VTO Saddlery.

I tried it on.  Fit me like it was made for me.  I put it down to think about it.  I milled about the shop.  I didn't NEED a coat.  Although it was WAY cheaper than a bunch of coats I've seen it's still a chunk of change and frankly I'm a bit stingy spending my money.

Then I had a moment of giddy weakeness and found myself carrying around the coat with a big stupid grin on my face.  Then checking out with the coat in hand.  MINE!!!!

I'm glad I did.  It's exactly me.

It's also popped  up EVERYWHERE.

Behind The Bit Blog  showcased it in a post.

It even showed up on the famous Eventing Nation

Now, will I ride well enough to deserve it?  Who knows.

Will I get extra points for wearing it?  "I'd give you a three for whatever the hell movement that was supposed to be, but stunning coat so here's a 5!"

and most importantly, can I find a stock tie to compliment it?!!!

This stock almost works, but it's cream and wouldn't match my breeches.

2 comments:

  1. So jealous! I love, loooove the purple on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a stock tie from that seller and can say that she is great to work with. Excited to use mine this year.

    ReplyDelete

March has jokes

 My enthusiasm to ride has vanished again. Instead of riding I've been working on teaching the baby horses to tie.  Great drama ensued. ...