Saturday, March 9, 2013

Pint Sized Eventers, who said bigger was better?

I thought I'd make a blog post featuring diminuative eventers.  While I doubt that I'll ever reach the upper levels (and don't have a problem with it!) I love small horses and I love watching them do big horse things. 

Here is a 14.3 hand New Forest Pony going Prelim.  This pony flunked out of a dressage barn due to her bad attitude and ended up taking her new owner who had never evented before from BN to Training in just 2 years.  Owner handed over the reins to her trainer who moved her up to Prelim and is now looking at a CCI* in a short while.  Super pony indeed!

Here is a Connemara pony stallion called Wil Ya Love Me doing Advanced


 
 
Here is a mare named Little Tiger doing a **** at the age of 15! 
 
Last but not least, the unforgettable pony Theodore O Connor, ridden by Karen at Rolex in 2008
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I had the joy of seeing Willy at Jersey Fresh a couple years ago. He was AWESOME and the crowd went wild when he went by :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! That first pony has a MASSIVE stride. Beautiful indeed!

    ReplyDelete

March has jokes

 My enthusiasm to ride has vanished again. Instead of riding I've been working on teaching the baby horses to tie.  Great drama ensued. ...