Sunday, November 4, 2012

Horrible weed whacker attack

Annie grows a ton of hair and sweats a lot, in our summer lessons at CAF she even sweats on her nose.  She doesn't get tired so I assume she's just a sweaty beast.

Last winter I ended up having to clip her so we could continue to go to lessons because we would work very hard and she'd get soaking wet even with temps in the teens (shudder, right around the corner).

I clipped her for the second time a few weeks ago.  Then clipped her again the day after that.   Then a few days later, then a week later.  I think I might be calling it quits, I don't think I can make it look any better!

Anyone who has advice on how to clip a straight line across the body is welcome to chime in! 

This is what it looks like.

This was my guide

 

2 comments:

  1. I use a dressage saddle pad as a guide line when doing a trace clip. I clip just underneath where the pad ends, and then take it off when I'm done and trim up where it's undoubtably still a little crooked. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I did use a pad the second time I clipped her, it made it a little easier to get it a little more even on each side but it still looked awful!

    ReplyDelete

March has jokes

 My enthusiasm to ride has vanished again. Instead of riding I've been working on teaching the baby horses to tie.  Great drama ensued. ...