Monday, October 15, 2012

Pre Show Lesson

This is a recap since I've already had my horse show but I wanted to seperate and analyze my posts.

I was finally able to get a lesson in last Wednesday, and it was a frustrating one. 

I've been having and continue to have problems with Annie launching at her fences a stride early and then I get left behind and get jumped loose or catch her in the face.  If I keep my leg on and get into my position when I think she's supposed to take off I get left behind, but if I put my hands on her mane then I lose control and she runs out.

She ran out multiple times jumping across the diagonal, and I couldn't figure out how to keep her straight and release.  Eventually we got over the fence but then she ran out at the 2 stride just because she learned she could. 

Some placing poles helped with her leaving early but I didn't have a very positive feeling after the lesson.  The next day I decided to school dressage in my jumping saddle and pop over the fences again to iron things out but ended up with the same refusal issue.  I feel like I get her going to the fence and then she gets really wiggly the last stride away.  So I really wasn't looking forward to the show or feeling very confident about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

March has jokes

 My enthusiasm to ride has vanished again. Instead of riding I've been working on teaching the baby horses to tie.  Great drama ensued. ...